***** Apologies for cross postings *****

West Midlands Career Development Group in conjunction with SPICE; CILIP-WM and the Diversity group would like to invite you to our Social inclusion workshop.

Please see below for details.

Vanessa Bell

Secretary

West Midlands Career Development Group

Selly Oak Hospital Library

Education Centre

Selly Oak Hospital

Raddlebarn Road

Selly Oak

Birmimgham

B29 6JD

email [log in to unmask]

Tel:- 0121 627 8861

Open up to inclusion:

Social inclusion in library and information services

Can your library service claim to be inclusive?

Whatever sector you work in, wherever you are in your career, social inclusion issues are relevant to everyone.

This workshop aims to offer a well-rounded perspective of the issues, and provide knowledge, discussion and ideas to take away and change your practice. It will be suitable for everyone from those new to the area to more experienced practitioners looking to share experience, from public, FE/HE, special libraries or any other sector.

A full programme of events will include speakers on:-

Tackling social exclusion

Adult education and widening participation in learning

Partnerships for social inclusion

Reaching young people

Multicultural library services

Venue:            St Peter’s Community Centre, Hillfields, Coventry, CV1 5NP

(Access codes E, W, G)