At 11:01 25/10/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Can anyone fill those of us who weren't there in on the result of the debate
>of the flat rate subs fees proposals?

Hi

I was at the AGM appointed by 49 members of the Career Development Group to
vote on their behalf against the new subscriptions model.

We never had to vote at the end. There was a heated debate which went on
and on; I think that everyone at the AGM was quite uncertain about what the
result would be if we were to vote. Luckily, just before we got to do it, a
member invoked Bye-law 33, which states that a ballot of the whole
membership can be demanded by 20 people present at the AGM. Bob McKee, the
chief executive, stated that proxy votes could also be counted so the 59
proxy votes I was carrying along with the other people who stood up secured
the postal vote, which has to take place within the next 28 days.

This is the best result possible because now all members would be consulted
on the issue. Now it is really important we all return completed ballot
forms to CILIP to register our vote.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria Cotera
Associate Honorary International Officer
Career Development Group
http://www.careerdevelopmentgroup.org.uk

Tel: + 44 (0)20 7679 2302
Email: [log in to unmask]