My Ex Cathedra in the third eLucidate - now available to members on the
UKOLUG Web site (www.ukolug.org.uk) - deals with this important issue.

What rights do we, as citizens, have over what information the
government has stored (or may store) about us? The amount of information
stored, and shared between departments, is set to grow ... and soon we
could be carrying around our complete personal history on an identity
card. How should this information be managed?

CILIP agree that this is an important issue that should be addressed by
the profession.

I should welcome any comments from members.

Chris Armstrong
UKOLUG Vice Chair
UK eInformation Group