From: Chartered Library and Information Professionals
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: 12/14/2004 2:53 PM
Subject: Future of Aslib

I saw this news item in today's "Daily news" bulletin from CILIP:

>INFORMATION PROFESSIONS
>Liquidators called in at Aslib
>Aslib has entered into an arrangement with liquidators following losses
>in advertising revenue since the 11 September attacks in 2001.
>Information World Review, 7 December
>http://www.iwr.co.uk/IWR/1159931

I wonder whether CILIP would consider this an opportunity to discuss
with Aslib the possible merger of the two organisations. There is almost
complete overlap in subject interests, and it would seem better to have
one strong organisation representing both individual and corporate
members of the profession.

Besides, a joint organisation might then end up with a library again!

Leonard Will

--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092