Hello everybody

a colleague from the Oriental Department of the State Library in Berlin has published in German a lengthier description on the Manuscript collection of the Department, its current status and their future role inside Germany. Anybody familiar with the Oriental Department in Berlin knows that their manuscript holdings are exellent and rank among the best in Europe, so this publication should be  quite interesting for most of us.
You can find the details on the book by Thomas Schmieder-Jappe :
"Die Sammlung der orientalischen Handschriften der Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin. Geschichte, Bestandsstruktur und aufgabenorientierte Bedeutung im nationalen Rahmen"
at

http://www.logos-verlag.de/cgi-local/buch?isbn=0502

I have encouraged Thomas Schmieder-Jappe to join our list so in the future he can contribute directly on matters of the State Library and tell us more things happening in this important library which in the last years was unfortunately not represented at MELCOM International or in our list.

To those who come to Munich: I 'll see you in a few days, to the others: best wishes from sunny Bamberg
Andreas

Dr. Andreas Drechsler
Bibl.-Rat
Universitätsbibliothek Bamberg