Hi,

Now I understand why we had a query yesterday from a student who couldn't
access a Blackwell Publishing title via ingenta. We didn't have time to
investigate further and just thought it was one of our problem Blackwell
titles on ingenta. We sent them to the Synergy site instead. Now it appears
like others have reported that none of our links to ingenta journals are
working.

Surely ingenta should have sent a message out to administrators that there
was a problem with their service. They could have used this list if
necessary.

As others have said this is an awful time to have problems with this
service, as many of us are running training sessions for our users. In many
cases this will reflect badly on us, rather than the service that is causing
the problems i.e. ingenta.

I will now warn others here that there is a problem.

Regarding the premium service - we don't currently subscribe partly because
we haven't had time to investigate this service - I think that it is a
really bad idea to not allow us to phone people at ingenta unless we pay
this extra money. Many of us over the years have assisted ingenta in feeding
back problems and issues, which in turn has allowed ingenta to improve their
services and assist in their troubleshooting. We didn't charge ingenta for
this assistance, maybe we should all now put in a claim!

Cheers
Lesley