The LSE has considered the Premium option and for the moment decided against it. We asked for a trial period but were not given this opportunity. I concur very stronly with Peter that most of the features offered in the Premium Service should really come as standard with any competitive company.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter King [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 October 2004 10:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: new ingenta

I have protested strongly to Ingenta about their decision to charge for
what I regard as standard service options, but to no effect.  We shall
pay for the premium service with great reluctance.  I feel that Ingenta
have shot themselves in the foot here: for a relatively small monetary
gain they have damaged their relationship with their library partners.

Peter King

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:22:01 +0100 s morris <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Can I ask if others have chosen to subscribe to the premium service for the
> new ingenta and what your views are on this?
>
> It appears that there will be no telephone contact allowed with ingenta
> unless you pay the premium.
>
> Our current links to ingenta journals have not been working since (?) midday
> yesterday, but I have not been informed by ingenta that there is a problem.
> (I have now 'phoned them but the 'phone no. will soon be withdrawn)
>
> This is an extremely bad time to have down-time for ejournals - this is our
> hottest (and most crucial) time for marketing and teaching.
>
> Sandra
>

> Sandra Morris
> Electronic Information Development Officer
> Subject Support & E-Library Team,
> Information Services,
> Hugh Owen Library,
> University of Wales,
> Aberystwyth,
> Ceredigion,  SY23 3DZ
> ====================================
> Email: [log in to unmask]
> Phone: 01970 621892
>    FAX: (01970) 622404
>
> Tîm Cynorthwywyr Pwnc ac E-Lyfrgell,
> Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth,
> Llyfrgell Hugh Owen,
> Prifysgol Cymru,
> Aberystwyth,
> Ceredigion,  SY23 3DZ
> ====================================
> Ffon: 01970 621892

Dr Peter King
Assistant Director (Information Management)
University of Bristol Information Services
Tyndall Avenue, Bristol BS8 1TJ, United Kingdom.

Tel. +44 (0)117 928 8005
Fax. +44 (0)117 925 5334
Email [log in to unmask]