Hi,

My definition of a contract is a document where A agrees to do B (eg, pay
a sub) if X does Y (eg, deliver a service). If X doesn't do Y or does it
in a way substantially different from the way described in the contract A
may have grounds not to do B (ie, pay the sub). However the devil is in
the detail, is what is delivered sufficiantly close to what was agreed to
constitute Y?  I suggest you get a lawyer to read the contract :-) .

Regards,

John Smith.