Dear All,

In the London area, we have had a few messages from candidates concerned about their deadline this December.
This applies to those candidates who registered for chartership before April 2002, and who are following the 1991 or 1995 Regulations, and who intend to make their final submission following the 1991 or 1995 regulations.

Just to remind you that you will have received a letter from Marion Huckle at CILIP, dated 21 July 2004, which states:

"No further applications will be accepted using the previous formats after 31st December 2004.  This decision will affect all 1991 and 1995 candidates, including those who had been awarded a deadline extension during the transitional period following unification of the Library Association and the Institute of Information Scientists."

Could I suggest that, if this deadline applies to you, you bear in mind the volume of post coming up to Christmas, and the fact that many offices will be closed for the holiday period from Christmas to New Year.

Best of luck to all those completing now under the 1991 or 1995 regulations.

Gerry Power
Joint RLO, London and South East Divisions
Career Development Group

Institute of Advanced Legal Studies
University of London
17 Russell Square