The Career Development Group (London and South East Divisions) invites you to attend its 2004/5 Management Seminar series.

Places are limited to 50 places per seminar so early booking is recommended.

SEMINAR DETAILS

What makes an effective team and what are the characteristics of high performing teams? Also, how do teams develop and what makes an effective team leader?

This seminar aims to provide a thoughtful insight into team building and includes self-assessment tools and group work.

What will you learn?

In an image conscious world it pays to create the right impression - library and information workers need to keep this at the forefront of their minds. People who convey an impression of power and status are respected and admired - people who inspire confidence are often promoted, regardless of their skills, qualifications and experience.

This interactive workshop will explore image, impression and advocacy as personal development tools for the library and information professional.

All through the early years of our development as librarians and information professionals we are offered guidance and support.  Pre-library school trainers, the library schools themselves and then our Chartership supervisors all help direct us until we reach the pinnacle that is Chartership.  But what happens once we have got MCLIP added to our post-nominals?  It is very easy to feel lost and alone.  One solution might be a mentor.

In his workshop, Dial "M" for "Mentor", Antony Brewerton will draw on the theory of mentorship and on his own practical experience of mentoring to explore what the mentor/mentee relationship is all about, what types of mentorship programmes are on offer, the benefits -and drawbacks- of the process and (finally) some practical tips to help make mentorship work for you.  So if you are feeling adrift professionally, it might be time for you to dial "M" for "Mentor".  And if you feel it is time to give something more back to the profession, well, that call might just be for you...

Venue: The seminars will be held at the School of Advanced Study (SAS), Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU.
Nearest tube station: Tottenham Court Road, Goodge Street, or Russell Square. Map available on request.
Access code: W - Venue with un-stepped access via main or side door, wheelchair spaces and adapted toilet. Lifts to all floors.

Booking information: The cost (including VAT) of each seminar is just £15 for members of the Career Development Group (or £30 pounds to attend all three); £20 for non-members (or £45 to attend all three); and £10 for students and the unwaged (or £15 for all three). Details regarding financial assistance for childcare are available on request.

Further information:
VAT is included in the price of these seminars - a VAT receipt is available on request. Invoices can also be issued on request.

We regret that due to the high administrative cost involved, we are unable to give refunds for non-attendance.
To register your booking, please contact Edwina Wontner (full contact details below) by emailing [log in to unmask]  completing the attached booking form:

<<L & SE event form 0504.doc>>
Cheques are to be made payable to - Career Development Group
The Career Development Group is a group of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals. Registered Charity: 313014

For additional questions please email Edwina Wontner

Best wishes

Edwina Wontner
Project Manager for India
Inward Investment Group
UK Trade & Investment
Bay 911 - 916
66 - 74 Victoria Street
London
SW1E 6SW
Telephone: 020 7215 4948
Fax: 020 7828 1275
Email:   [log in to unmask]
http://www.uktradeinvest.gov.uk

UK Trade & Investment is the Government organisation that supports
both companies in the UK doing business internationally and overseas enterprises
seeking to locate in the UK.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free