From: Bing, Pamela [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 January 2004 16:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Worth Chartering?

Well,

There has been some quite heated discussion on the list today......For
the record I am chartering at the moment, not for any immediate
financial benefit, but for potential financial benefit in the future
when I apply for more mangerial level positions, and also because I like
learning and think the experience is worthwhile.

However, I don't think CILIP does enough for us in terms of detrmining
pay and conditions so how about this for an idea:
Ditch CILIP, start a union for library staff and all go on strike for
better pay and recognition.....worked for teachers!