In addition to the replies already, could I say a number of my colleagues at Customs and Excise subscribe to this list, which I've also recommended to other government librarians, even if they don't post that much. If someone starts posting, others may follow, and besides the processes of chartering are the same across sectors.

The Committee of Departmental Librarians have raised the profile of chartership quite a lot in the last couple of years, and have set up a chartership group for both candidates and supervisors- I've got a mental blank on the name of the chap who runs it (Works at DEFRA) but ask your CDL member/ head of profession if you don't know about it (and want to).

Hope this helps
-----Original Message-----
From: list for CILIP members working towards MCLIP status [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Rachel Monk
Sent: 10 June 2004 16:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Query about the lis-cilip-reg

Is anyone in this list working towards Route B registration?

Also, could someone tell me why the list is primarily for HE workers?  Is that because fewer people from other sectors think about registering for chartership?  I wonder if this list is going to be useful since I work in Government, but am an info professional and member of CILIP

I hope someone will be able to respond!

Rachel Monk
Knowledge Manager
Policy, Communications and Training Group
Consular Directorate
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
London SW1

Tel:  0207 008 1378

Visit http://www.fco.gov.uk for British foreign policy news and travel advice; and http://www.i-uk.com - the essential guide to the UK.

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be monitored centrally. This is done to ensure the integrity of the system.