In my article "Part-time career, fully committed' (Appointments, 5 December
2003), I suggested that a job-share register be created to enable part-time
workers to pair up to apply for full-time positions. Since December, I have
received a number of supportive emails from information professionals
interested in such a register. For those of you wondering what became of the
idea, it is still very much alive!
        The CILIP Career Development Group (CDG) and I are working together
to determine how to move the idea forward.  Your suggestions are welcome. In
the meantime, keep watching this discussion group for further updates.

Regina Everitt
Evening/Weekend Manager
Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
University of East London (UEL) - Docklands Campus