Having just missed the Chartership meeting on the 19th November (darn
London postal strike) I now find that the Chartership board is only meeting
four times this year instead of the usual 6 - meaning I will have to wait
until the meeting of the 29th of March to have my submission considered.  I
knew it could take a long time but having posted by recorded delivery in
October, I never thought I would not hear until April - that will be nearly
six months.

The outcome of the Board's decision will have a bearing on my work
performance review (in February) and, therefore, salary and I am quite
dismayed by this news.  On the other hand, I do recognise that budgets are
tight in all aspects of our profession so cut backs are unavoidable - I
guess that I am just letting off steam as I was so pleased to have
completed and despatched my submission last year.

Gill Leslie
Librarian
Biggart Baillie Solicitors
Glasgow