LHC Computer Grid - Rollout [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Kurt Vanmechelen said:
> Is this currently working, and if not, how would I go about updating a
> 'master copy' of a file on the Grid for example?
> Deregistering all old replica's and reregistering the updated file under
> the same lfn?

The basic principle for grid files is that they are write-once, then
read-only, and there is currently no concept of a master copy. An LFN can be
moved from one guid to another, but it may well be better to have a new LFN
for an updated version. The reason for doing it that way is precisely that
it's extremely hard to keep replicas consistent if you allow modification.

> P.S. If the rollout list is too deployment oriented for these types of
> questions feel free to redirect me to another list.

I don't think there is a better list.

Stephen