Following an advice from Maarten Litmaath (thank you, Maarten !) I tried to
run the same command on lxn1184.cern.ch but now I am getting another
problem:

[testuser@lcg-ui01 bin]$ globus-job-submit lxn1184.cern.ch /bin/pwd
https://lxn1184.cern.ch:20030/10241/1099671601/
[testuser@lcg-ui01 bin]$ globus-job-status
https://lxn1184.cern.ch:20030/10241/1099671601/
DONE
[testuser@lcg-ui01 bin]$ globus-job-get-output
https://lxn1184.cern.ch:20030/10241/1099671601/
GRAM Job submission failed because the job manager failed to open stderr
(error code 74)

I am just reading the documentation in the globus faq at
http://www.globus.org/about/faq/errors.html#stderr trying to figure out what

might be going wrong here. If anybody has any suggestion I would love to
hear it. Thanks !

Edward