>I am sorry to report to colleagues the death, aged 90, of Sir Robert
>Jennings QC, former President of the International Court of Justice.

He was a distinguished scholar, an accomplished practitioner, an astute and
honest judge, and a kind, loyal and decent man.

He will be greatly missed.

I understand that a memorial service will be arranged in due
course.  Funeral details are below.

>The funeral will be on Wednesday 11 August at Grantchester Parish Church
>(near Cambridge, England) at 2.30pm.
>
>Following the service and interment, refreshments will be offered in the
>Village Hall.
>
>Flowers may be ordered from Fulbourn Manor Nurseries (Tel: 01223 367717)
>who will deliver them to the undertakers H.J. Paintin, 43 High Street, Linton.
>

>This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController

Maurice Mendelson, Q.C.
Blackstone Chambers Barristers
Blackstone House
Temple, London EC4Y 9BW,
England.

Tel. +44 20 7583 1770; fax +4420 7822 7350; email
website www.blackstonechambers.com

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and legally
privileged. This e-mail is intended to be read only by the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail is prohibited and that privilege has
not been waived. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender by replying by email or by telephone and
then delete the e-mail.