Dear Everyone:
At the Library and Information Show last week I had a demonstration of a machine that "mends" CDs by scraping off a very thin layer of surface, using an aluminium salt and some brushes (that's as far as the science goes in this message, you will be relieved to hear).

We don't have one of these machines, but, as it happens, one of our students has just reported problems with one of our CDs to Tristan and Isolde. So I'm wondering whether anyone who *does* have such a machine would be willing to try to mend this CD in return for a small fee. Please contact me if you can help.

John

--
John Wagstaff
Librarian, Music Faculty, University of Oxford