Dear Folks

Sorry for any cross-postings but the following email has just been sent to me to circulate round the list.

For HE/FE institutions teaching music this possibility is really good news, so do have a look at the trial access if you can.

As co-list owner I should probably forward this message in a totally unbiased fashion but since we do subscribe to this product at the Faculty of Music in Oxford and the take-up has been very good I do urge you to seriously consider this for your institution and complete the feedback form to the Chest.

Julie Crawley

----- Forwarded message from "Johanna Fyfe" <[log in to unmask]> -----

Dear List-owners

Would it be possible for you to forward on to your lists:

ahds-peformingarts; brit-comp-music; iaml-uk-irl; music-ed; =
musicology-all; namhe; cti-music

Many thanks for your help.

****

To: Institutions of Further and Higher Education

Eduserv Chest http://www.eduserv.org.uk/chest/ is talking to Thompson =
Henry Ltd, UK representatives of Classical International Inc, about an =
agreement for Classical Music Library.

" Classical Music Library is the world's first classical music listening =
service for libraries. With over 20,000 music tracks, increasing at the =
rate of 2,000 each month, Classical Music Library offers easy, reliable =
access on or off site with no installation or maintenance required by =
the library. All music is legally licensed from leading recording labels =
and artists and has 1000s of program notes and biographies =
cross-referenced to a vast reference database, including WilsonWeb. =
Instructors can create and share playlists with students and insert =
links from online teaching resources to particular recordings. More =
information on this award-winning service can be found at =
http://www.classical.com <http://www.classical.com/>  "
=20
This agreement is likely to be of interest to universities with music =
departments, music colleges and colleges of Further Education or sixth =
form colleges.
=20
Current list price is =A3795 plus VAT for 3 simultaneous users.  Prices =
under a Chest Agreement will depend on level of take-up so we need to =
know if you are interested in this resource.
=20
Trial access to Classical Music Library can be arranged by sending an =
email to Luisa Parrado <[log in to unmask] =
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >
=20
Chest would then appreciate feedback by completion of the form at =
http://www.eduserv.org.uk/chest/cgi-bin/eoi.cgi?lnk=3Dclas
=20
=20
Johanna Fyfe
Senior Contracts Officer

Eduserv Chest
software and information licensing =20
  _____ =20

[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> =20

tel: +44 (0)1225 403224
fax: +44 (0)1225 344407

http://www.eduserv.org.uk/chest/=20
  _____ =20

Eduserv Chest is a service of Eduserv (Limited by Guarantee)=20
=20

-----End of forwarded message from "Johanna Fyfe" <[log in to unmask]> -----

--
Julie Crawley