> Ritalin IS useful in properly diagnosed ADHD.

This was a major problem with 'ME'.

Chronic fatigue does exist, and is a horrible condition, but huge numbers of
depressed patients who were unable to face the 'disgrace' of mental illness
tried to claim they had 'ME'.

Colluding with this did no-one any favours.

Thankfully, this is now on the wane as the public perception of depression
improves.

One of the diagnostic criteria I used was, if the chronic fatigue patient
reacted violently to the idea that their symptoms may be depression, then
they were much more likely to be depressed and in denial (of course, some
were just pissed off at not being believed....).

It's the 'Methinks The Lady Doth Protest Too Much' behaviour that worries me
in the parents of poorly behaved children.  The ones that refuse to accept
that they may be at fault, are the very ones that I most suspect are at
fault.

--
Robbie Coull
email: [log in to unmask]             website: http://www.coull.net