From: "Ahmad Risk" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 11:31 AM

> I believe there are drugs that are in common use that have side effects
> that are not in the literature.  I am particularly interested in long term
> drugs, rather than the one offs, although I wish the data base to include
> both categories eventually.

What about lifestyle drugs like PPIs for indigestion or whizzo stuff for
cancer that increases lifespan by six weeks, both of which soak up buckets
of cash thereby producing opportunity costs which disadvantage very many
people with unmet needs (whether health or not)

Or wasn't that what you meant? Maybe you should ask on pharmacist-UK?
--
Fay