Two positions are currently being offered to work with Norfolk Museums and
Archaeology Service:

Documentation Officer (Geology) (temporary post):

We are seeking a geologist to join our Designation Challenge Fund project team
until March 2006. You will be required to document the geology collection,
based at our off-site store at Gressenhall (the Norfolk Rural Life Museum),
near East Dereham in central Norfolk. You should be experienced in computerised
documentation work and have a methodological approach. The work will involve
lifting and moving geological specimens. Experience of working with MODES for
Windows would be an advantage.

Job reference number: CSD/04/51

Documentation Officer (Collection Level Descriptions) (temporary post):

We are seeking a documentation officer to join our Designation Challenge Fund
project team until March 2006. You should have a wide-ranging knowledge of
museum collections, especially archaeology and natural history (including
geology) and have experience in documentation. You will be part of a team
developing methods and standards of rapid documentation methods using
Collection Level Descriptions and assisting the Project Manager in getting our
data online and searchable on the web. Experience of working with MODES for
Windows would be an advantage.

Job reference number: CSD/04/52

To view the job descriptions and download the application forms, please go to
http://www.norfolkccjobs.com
or send a large self-addressed envelope to the Personnel Department, Cultural
Services Department, County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich, NR1 2UA. Please
quote the relevant reference number.

Closing dates: 26th June 2004

Nigel R. Larkin BA MSc
Telephone 01603 493645 fax: 01603 493623
Curator of Geology, The Natural History Department,
Norfolk Museums and Archaeology Service,
Norwich Castle Study Centre, Shirehall,
Market Avenue, Norwich, Norfolk. NR1 3JQ.
http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk

Associated Member of the "Ancient Hominid Occupation of Britain Project"
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/ahob/

This mail sent through http://www.easynetdial.co.uk