Postal Heritage Trust Autumn Lecture Series 2004

The Postal Heritage Trust offers a warm invitation for all GEM listers to
the latest series of FREE autumn lectures at the Phoenix Centre, Phoenix
Place, London WC1X 0DL - next door to the Trust’s Archive Search Room. This
year you can enjoy talks on the pre-war films of the General Post Office,
Tony Benn’s reminiscences as a former Postmaster-General, Machin’s
sculpture of the Queen’s head on British stamps, and a comprehensive look
at special stamps.

Each lecture is on a Tuesday evening at 7pm, and we will be opening the
Search Room on the night of each lecture until 7pm, with last orders for
archive material at 6.15 pm.

FREE ENTRY, but pre-booking required
To book your seat call 020 7239 2570 or email [log in to unmask]

Tuesday 7 September 2004
The GPO and its films in the 1930s
Dr Ian Aiken, Senior Research Fellow at De Montfort University

Tuesday 5 October 2004
The Future of Britain’s Oldest Public Service,
Reflections of an Old Postmaster-General
Tony Benn, former Postmaster-General

Tuesday 9 November 2004
The Machin Design
Douglas Muir, Curator of Philately, Postal Heritage Trust

Tuesday 7 December 2004
The A to Z of Special Stamps
Barry Robinson, former Stamp Programme Director for Royal Mail

For more information about the Postal Heritage Trust please see our website
www.royalmail.com/heritage

Postal Heritage Trust
Freeling House
Phoenix Place