-----Original Message-----
From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Lewis
Sent: 25 March 2004 17:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 'child friendly' websites

Dear All

We are trying to set up a 'child friendly' library website to promote
use
of the service but also to encourage development as readers and users of
ICT.  We have found very few examples of good/best practice around,
within
local authorities...

We are also struggling with the usual barriers of 'corporate identity'
versus 'lively' and 'engaging' in order to reach our target audience and
wondered whether anyone has any suggestions/advice to offer??

Please pass on to library colleagues

With Many Thanks

Sarah Lewis
Cultural Entitlement Officer