This was posted on the CABE Education Network if you know anyone
interested...
Rosemary Silvester
Bristol Magpies (supporters Bristol City Museums & Art Gallery)

Dear CABE Education Network,

To all Secondary teachers of Geography, Citizenship, Art & Design and
Design & Technology

On Tuesday I will be sending out tender specifications for the development
of some curriculum resources. I wondered if you would be interested in
them, or knew of anyone you thought might be.

We are looking for an individual or team to develop practical guides to
making the most of the buildings, places and spaces in the local area for
Key Stage 3 & 4. These guides will form part of a wider programme of work
around school trips entitled 'Getting out there'. We would like to
commission individuals or teams to develop one for geography, one for art &
design, one for citizenship and one for design & technology. Given the
limited time scale (these guides must be printed up by end of march) we
envisage that we will commission a separate individual or team to develop
each resource. We are looking for contractors that have recent or current
experience of classroom teaching in each of the stated subject areas at key
stage 3 & 4 and experience in and writing for an education audience.
Ideally they will also have experience of using the built environment as a
learning resource.

To help guide this process we are setting up an advisory panel. Involvement
is not too onerous as I anticipate that all communication will be done by
email and phone rather than through face-to-face meetings. Members of the
panel would be asked to:
Comment on the initial proposal from the writer/researcher (w/b 29th Nov)
Review an early draft of the final publication (End of Feb)
Attend a launch event if practical      (April)
This should amount to less than half a day in total. Again, we are looking
for recent or current experience of classroom teaching in each of the
stated subject areas at Key Stage 3 & 4 and, ideally, experience of using
the built environment as a learning resource.

Furthermore we are looking for teachers who have best practice examples of
taking students out into the built environment (on school trips in the
local area) to enhance their learning. If you are such a teacher, or know
of someone who is, would you be interested in telling us about your
experience so that we can put it up as a case study on a soon to be
developed section of our website which will be devoted entirely to 'Getting
out there' and learning in the built environment.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of the above. An early
response would be most appreciated as we are sending out the specifications
on Tuesday 2nd November.

Many thanks and with kind regards
Nicola

Nicola Lithgow