With apologies for cross-posting.

Sounds nasty - hope no one's been caught out...

via

Chris Drake
Museums Development Officer for West Sussex
c/o Worthing Museum & Art Gallery
Chapel Road
Worthing
West Sussex
BN11 1HP

Tel: 01903 221136 (Mon-Wed)
Fax: 01903 236277
email: [log in to unmask] (Mon-Wed)

> -----
>
> I wondered if you might circulate this to your email distribution list.
>
> We've had trouble recently with a company called Community Action
> Services,
> who tape a phone call in which they ask you to confirm that you are
> authorised to OK any spend, then rattle off a script at speed. They are
> trying to sell ad space in some 'Children's Safety' publication.
>
> Then an invoice arrives (even when you haven't booked any ad space),
> closely
> followed by a reminder and a nasty letter. If you ring to query, then they
> play you back an edited tape of yourself. Then they suggest you should
> call
> your solicitor because they 'always win when people contest'.
>
> It wasn't until I handed this over to our Finance department to deal with
> that some bright spark pointed out that they ask for cheques to be made
> out
> to CAS. All they do is add an 'H' and they're quids in.
>
> Best regards
>
> Alison
>
> ALISON MORAN
> Head of Communications
>
> WEST DEAN COLLEGE & GARDENS
> West Dean
> Chichester
> West Sussex   PO18 0QZ
> UK
>
> t   +44 (0)1243 818265
> f   +44 (0)1243 818280
> m  +44 (0)7717 436910
> e  [log in to unmask]
> w  www.westdean.org.uk

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please return it to the sender and delete the material from any computer and destroy any printed copy.
Worthing Borough Council cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus-free or has not been intercepted or changed.
The views of the author may not necessarily reflect those of the Council.Any opinions or other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of Worthing Borough Council are neither given nor endorsed by it.