have you installed the osx developer tools? I think you need to do that in order to have gcc. There is a disk that comes with the panther install, and I think you can also get a disk image from the apple developer web site. cheers russ On Dec 31, 2004, at 1:59 PM, Mark Pinsk wrote: Hi, I'm attempting to install FSL 3.2 on my ibook (os x 10.3). When the fsl.csh file tries to be sourced (either by me or from within my .cshrc file) I get this error twice as follows: tcsh: gcc: Command not found tcsh: gcc: Command not found If I type "fsl" the gui pops up just fine. Everything seems to be working. What is the cause of the above error message? I'm running tcsh shell. I installed in /usr/local/. And my .cshrc file has these lines: setenv FSLDIR /usr/local/fsl source $FSLDIR/etc/fslconf/fsl.csh set path = ( $path $FSLDIR/bin ) Thanks! Mark Verdana--- Russell A. Poldrack, Ph.d. Assistant Professor UCLA Department of Psychology Franz  Hall, Box 951563 Los Angeles, CA 90095-1563 phone: 310-794-1224 fax: 310-206-5895 email: [log in to unmask] web: www.poldracklab.org