Hi Stefan -
Can you check in fslview whether the diffusion-weighted volumes have lower
signal intensity than the non-weighted ones.

A problem tha I have come across before with data which has been processed
with SPM is that SPM inserts a scale factor into the header ( I think it
use the header variable called funused1 ) which then gets completely
ignored by the FSL I/O routines..

Another way to check for this problem would be to run the following
command on each of the 3D volumes output from SPM ( before the merge!):

avwval volume funused1

This should be unset, or set to 1 in each case.

If this is not the problem, then I would be happy to take a look at the
data if you can tar it up and put it on an ftp site. Please do not email
it.

Thanks

Tim

Tim Behrens