Hi all

I've just installed cygwin and fsl on win2000(2.4G 512M). With no
experience of Unix, I now have some small questions.

1.When I lauch fsl, the GUI window appears, and there's another window
called fsl, showing this message:
Your group is currently "mkpasswd".  This indicates that the /etc/passwd
(and possibly /etc/group) files should be rebuilt. See the man pages for
mkpasswd and mkgroup then, for example, run mkpasswd -l [-d] > /etc/passwd
mkgroup  -l [-d] > /etc/group Note that the -d switch is necessary for
domain users.

Can anyone tell me what this means?

2. I want to use the avwmerge function, but at first the system always
shows that
 $ avwmerge -t out4d E:/sara/1/session/snrr1D*.hdr
AvwOpen: Error while opening header!: No such file or directory
avwmerge: No such file or directory

seems the system can't locate the input file even I provide the directory.
Is it true that under cygwin all input files must be under the
cygwin/usr/local directory?  And the output file will be saved in this
directory by default? i'm really confused about this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Sara