> Strange - this must be a platform-dependent bug, as it works fine on my
> mactop, and gives good results too. What platform are you using?
>
> However, anyway: the attached script eddy_correct (which will be part
> of
> FDT, the diffusion toolkit, when it's released later this summer) uses
> FLIRT instead of mcflirt to realign diffusion data, the point being
> that
> when you have eddy currents you need affine alignment not rigid body,
> which is more of an issue with diff data...you might want to try that
> instead, though on this data it seems to give similar results.
>
> Cheers.

Steve,
thanks for the script.  I'm running on linux (suse 9.0).  What I was
doing was first using mcflirt to realign the individual runs separately
for each diffusion direction (we generally collect 4-5 runs), taking
the mean for each direction, then using flirt with 12 dof and mutual
information to align across the different diffusion directions. Does
that sound reasonable?  The data that I sent were all for a single
direction, which is presumably why the results of flirt and mcflirt are
similar.

cheers
russ
---