steve and all,

>The easy thing to do, if there's things you want to change that
>aren't available in the design.fsf, is to edit $FSLDIR/tcl/feat.tcl
>instead.

great -- good suggestion.  thanks.  one thing about this method
that concerns me is that i do not want to change the system-wide
feat.tcl script (residing in $FSLDIR).  i would prefer to edit my own
copy of feat.tcl.  i guess i could edit then call $MYDIR/feat.tcl and
leave FSLDIR defined to the system-wide directory.  because FSL
programs are usually referenced by their $FSLDIR path, i cannot
use my PATH environment variable to find local copies.

this seems the way to go ... edit my own copy.  if you see any
problems with this, please let me know.  or, if i run into any
problems with this, i'll add to this post.

thank you again,
- bettyann
BettyAnn Chodkowski                       F.M. Kirby Center
e: [log in to unmask]          Kennedy Krieger Institute
v: 443.923.9524                           707 N. Broadway
f: 443.923.9279                           Baltimore, MD, USA  21205