Hi - yes, this is just the time it takes TK to build up the GUI when you
have such a huge number of items active; I've just tried on my linux
desktop with similar speed dropoff. However, if your design is so huge
then you probably don't want to be setting all the EV values (etc) by hand
anyway, so a solution to both issues would be either of the following:

1. Set all the EV (etc) values inside a design.fsf file and load that in;
this is easy to script.

2. Set all the values in a raw text file and use the new "paste" button.

Hopefully either should be good enough even with big designs.

Cheers.

--
 Stephen M. Smith  DPhil
 Associate Director, FMRIB and Analysis Research Coordinator

 Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
 John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 [log in to unmask]  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve