Hi Joe,
About negative PE values as a result of Featquery:
- Looking at the covariance matrix, my design does not appear rank
deficient, so I would like to use the PEs reported by Featquery to further
understand patterns in my ROI.  As a reminder, I have 5 conditions and
Featquery gives me negative numbers for PEs and tstats for all 5 in my ROI
(though I have positive COPEs of interest).
- Doesn't the PE represent beta from the GLM?  Is it possible that PEs
would be negative because the blood flow changes are the opposite of what
I modeled?
- In my dataset, one group has consistently MORE negative PEs than the
other (both have all negative PEs).  Is this related to lower overall
levels of blood flow in my ROI in one group, or to worse fit of BF changes
to my model?

Thanks,
Dost

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:53:21 +0100, Joseph Devlin <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>The effect size can be consistently negative across conditions if the
BOLD