Tommi

> thanks for the clarification! Almost there. However I would like to make
> sure of one more thing. Since the "Interaction" button at first level
> analysis, according to the manual, merely creates an EV where the
paradigm
> file 0:s and 1:s for EV1 (stimulus A OFF/ON) are multiplied with those
for
> EV2 (stimulus B), then the outcome is a paradigm file for the AB stimuli
(ie
> where A and B are presented simultaneously)? Then, the contrast where
the
> EV3 (for "Interaction") is set as "1" and everything else as "0" is NOT
the
> factorial ANOVA interaction we are looking for, rather, it is the
stimulus
> AB vs REST comparison?

No! a [0 0 1] t-contrast is not AB versus rest comparison, it is the
positive interaction of A and B (do [0 0 -1] t-contrast to look for a
negative interaction). The reason for this is that we are doing
multiple regression, EV1 and EV2 model out the effects of A and B
respectively alone versus rest - leaving EV3 only representing the AB
interaction.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Woolrich.

Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB),
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK.

Tel: (+44)1865-222782 Homepage: http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~woolrich