Thanks for the advice Mark...  It looks like the 6 dof registration works well.  Matt
Hi,

Sounds like you have a reasonable amount of coverage so you
should probably be OK.  Is your SPGR taken with the same slice
planes as the EPI?  If so, then I recommend treating the SPGR
as the whole_func image and it will hopefully work OK.

Otherwise, you will have to try to register directly from your EPI
example_func to your SPGR, including both translation and
rotation (6 dof).  Whether this works well or not will depend quite
a lot on the quality of the data, the initial alignment and the
exact structures covered or not covered.

The only other thing to do if the above doesn't work well is to
try an initial alignment (using pointflirt) and then refining the
registration from this starting point using the command line.
If you need to do this and get stuck, please email us again.

You might also want to look at  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fslfaq/
which contains some information on schedule files and flirt
command line calls.

All the best,
        Mark