Bradley,

The dof relates to the number of observations you have (left over after
regression param estimation) to estimate the variance of the noise. Hence
in that sense every time point from every run is an observation (a dof)
that can be used to estimate the variance of the noise. Hence you sum them
all up.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Woolrich.

Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB),
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK.

Tel: (+44)1865-222782 Homepage: http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~woolrich