Hello Everyone,

I have been asked to work on an fMRI data set including 3 groups of 20 each.  Each subject received 3 runs of a Go-No Go task where subjects were required to press a button (Go trial) or inhibit a button press (Stop trial) every TR (2500 ms).  Hence every single image collected during the run is associated with a trial and there are approximately 3 times as many Stop trials as go trials.  Initially, I modeled only the Stop trials (1 EV), which amounted to a Stop v Go contrast.  However, several anonymous reviewers suggest that we model correct and incorrect responses separately (and made publishing the manuscript contingent upon the new analysis).  Hence, I have re-analyzed these data modeling correct Go trials, incorrect Go trials, correct Stop trials and incorrect Stop trials (4 EVs).  The results are very poor, with fewer than 3 subjects showing any activation above threshold.  Indeed, the zstat files tend to vary between -0.01 to 0.02.  Furthermore, the analysis for the 180 runs lasted a very long time (over 6 days on a dual processor G5).  How should improve this design to improved to better model these data and to improve the subsequent results?

Best,

David

David Glahn, Ph.D.
Department of Psychiatry and Research Imaging Center
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Voice (210) 567-5508
Fax (210) 567-1291