I would think that you are better off just using flirt (without the
mcflirt step for the same diff directions). I think this because if the
head moves in the image, the effect of eddy currents on the "brain
space" will change, making a rigid body transformation insufficient to
match the two brains.

Shouldn't think it will make that much difference though.

Cheers

Tim Behrens
Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
The John Radcliffe Hospital