Hi Amande,

I'm afraid I still don't understand what you want to do,

What do you mean by " a correlation with B _given_ A " ?

Is it a partial correlation

" a correlation of the data with B accounting for the effects  A " ?

or a multiple regression

"How much of the variance in the data can a prescribe to both A and B
together?"

I'm sure there will be a simple way of answering your question. The GLM is
amazingly flexible. I just can't see exactly what the question is yet..

wrt non-orthogonal EVs
If your EVs are not orthogonal, then any shared variance will be dished
out between them in a way which is not easily predictable a priori.
However, if you are comparing conditions, this shared variance is
accounted for in the statisitics, so you can still accurately answer the
question "Where is the response to A bigger than that to B?" for example.

Sorry I'm not more use

Tim