Dear, FSL users...

I'm quite a newbie at FSL.
I wanted to run BET on some of our 3D T1 images.

In some images, the segmentation is wonderful, however in some cases, some
of non-brain matter below the brain and eye-socket are not removed.
I tried to raise the Fractional intensity threshold, but that removes brain
matters as well.
Also, CSF comes out to be larger than grey or white matter when I perform
FAST on those ones that have problem.

Is there something that i can do to improve the segmentation?

Image sets that are having these problems have following scan parameters:
Slice thickness = 1.5
FOV =24
TR = 9
TE = 1.8
FA = 10

Image sets that are great with BET and FAST have following scan paramters:
slice thickness = 1.2
FOV = 25
TR = 20
TE = 6
FA = 20

Both are 3D-SPGR images.
Can any of you tell me what factors might affect BET and FAST procedures and
the solution for those problems?

Thank you very much.

DISCLAIMER****************************This e-mail and any files transmitted
with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please delete it and
notify the sender or contact Health Information Management 312.413.4947.