Hi

I'm having some problems registering my functional data onto a highres
image of an individual subject's brain. My functional data is in the form
of 24 obliquely oriented slices mainly covering the occipital area (it's a
vision study). The clusters of activation seem to 'flame out' from the
brain in some areas, into 'space' by a few millimetres. This problem seems
to be worse in occipital areas and not so bad in parietal areas. I have an
idea that occipital areas are subject to more distortion than other areas -
is this true? To register my functional to a highres with flirt i did a 7
parameter global rescale transformation from my 24 slice functional
data to a 120 slice EPI (slices at the same angle as the functional) and
another 7 param global rescale to my individual highres structural. is
there anything you could advise i do to improve my registration?

many thanks for your time,

Jane Aspell