Hi Giuseppe,
Are you using 7 degrees of freedom?  If so, you should use 6 dof for epi to
T1 registration.  The assumption is that the brain did not grow or shrink
between the time you acquired the two scans.  Thus you can register with
translation and rotation, but no scaling.

If this is not the problem then try 6 dof with mutual info.  I always get
significant registration errors in my brains when I use correlation ratio.
cheers,

jack

Jack Grinband, PhD
Center for Mind & Brain