(Please contact Marina Sharpe at <[log in to unmask]>, if you are
able to provide assistance.)

Dear all,

I am a third year law student at McGill University in Montreal, and I am
assisting a Kenyan woman named Lynda with her asylum application in Canada.
Lynda's claim for refugee status in Canada was denied at first instance and
on appeal for lack of credibility, but I assure you, Lynda is an extremely
credible claimant.

Lynda is seeking asylum on political grounds. In Kenya, she worked for the
Kenyan Revenue Authority. She photocopied customs documents proving that
rich people were being exempted from paying customs duties on imports, and
provided the documents to the opposition party. As a result, she was fired from her job.

She sued the government for the benefits she was owed, and was subsequently
harassed by the government. After government agents burned down part of her
house, she fled to Canada where she has been for the last 3 years.

We are now at the Pre Removal Risk Assessment (PRRA) stage of the asylum
process. This is the last recourse for asylum seekers before they are
deported.

PRRAs are only successful where there is NEW EVIDENCE OF INDIVIDUALIZED
RISK.

I am currently in the process of seeking new evidence to support Lynda's
PRRA.

Ideally, I need a sworn statement from an expert on Kenya that Lynda faces a
real risk of persecution if she were to be returned to Kenya.
I would be forever grateful if someone with knowledge of Kenya would be
willing to write a letter on Lynda's behalf.

Please contact me as soon as possible at [log in to unmask] if you
think you can help.

Many thanks,
Marina Sharpe
(Former Refugee Legal Aid (Cairo) and FMRS intern)