Hello folks,

Those of you who attended the recent Historic Environment Records Forum
meeting may have picked up the first draft of a short leaflet to explain
what XML is, and what it might contribute to the historic environment.

To broaden the opportunity to comment on the draft, I have added a copy
to the file store for this list, available at

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/FISH/XML_for_the_historic_environment.rt

I would welcome comments from subscribers, prior to final editing and
printing of the leaflet. In particular:-

It is aimed at a non-technical audience, to give them enough
understanding of how XML might assist them, without trying to convey the
technicalities. (For comparison, if you were buying a car you might not
be interested in how an internal combustion engine works, but you might
want to know what the fuel consumption is).

Comments either direct to me ([log in to unmask] ) or to
the list if you wish to open up the discussion.

I need this feedback before July the 1st please, so that production work
can proceed. Thanks folks,

Edmund Lee

English Heritage