Hello everyone

You will all be forgiven for thinking the forum attending membership has
been quiet recently.

Actually that could not be further from the truth.

Many of the attending members have been helping with developing some really
good leaflets and posters to advertise the forum. It has taken about 4
months to do these. I have just heard from Catherine Hardman of ADS the
posters are done and are going for laminating on friday. The Leaflets
(catherine has recieved the proofs) a 5000 print run will be done on monday
just in time for the MDA conference.

I would like to thank the representatives of

English Heritage DSU
EH Collections & Interiors
biab - the british & irish archaeological bibliography
The Museum of London
RCAHMS
RCAHMW
MDA
ALGAO

for their support both in terms of funding but also in terms of their help
with the project management. I would especially like to thank ed lee from
English Heritage for project managing the leaflet designs while i was away
on holiday. Also to Catherine Hardman and the ADS for all their help and
support and running the printing side of the project. Lasty a vote of
thanks should be made to BP design in York for doing a fantastic job in the
design stage.

The leaflets will be sent out to univerities, in the ADS newsletter, and
hopeflly in the IFA magazine ... also we will be handing them out a
conferences. Also the attending members will each get about 100 to 300
copies for their own use (depending on what the Attending membership
decides at the next FISH meeting).

I would like to congratulate everyone on a good result apparently the
posters and leaflet look very good according to the printers. This is a
great example how the forum works .. each member playing a part to create a
bigger product.

on another matter the Fish Toolkit - a series of tools centred around XML
has just about been completed and will soon be on the internet.

so as you see we forum has been very busy over the last few months in
improving the products available to the heritage community.

The leaflets and Posters in PDF are on the FISH Jisc mail archives

Leaflets
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/FISH/FISH_leafletFINAL.pdf

Posters
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/files/FISH/FISH_POSTERSFINAL.pdf

Please note these are there for you to use and advertise FISH, they are the
proprety of FISH

Jason A. Siddall
FISH Convenor