lilja 4 ever, i think..  though not sure whether in this movie there is
any precise hint at where it is set- still looks pretty satellite-esque,
indeed.

and,.. Ten (Iran '02)- probably wrong, more suburban- again one doesn't
really know, there is no exact spatial reference provided.

could you elaborate what exactly interests you about "satellite cites"?
perhaps the filmic features you are looking for can also be found in a
different setting, i.e. the ones you excluded.

maxd

Magnus Danerek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am looking for films that portrait or take place in so called
> satellite cities. "*Satellite cities* are smaller municipalities that
> are adjacent to a major city which is the core of a metropolitan area
> <http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Metropolitan_area>. They differ from
> mere subdivisions <http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Subdivisions> or
> suburbs <http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Suburbs> in that they have
> their own municipal governments distinct from that of the core metropolis".
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Magnus
> * * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please
> always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave,
> send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For
> help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
**