Kenneth Branagh seems to like encircling his characters with the camera: it
happens in "Hamlet" and "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" - quite possibly "Much
Ado About Nothing" and probably others as well (it would fit the deliriously
overheated atmosphere of "Dead Again").

Such a shot also occurs in "Absolute Beginners", which makes me wonder if it
might be something that you'd see particularly in musicals as some sort of
signifier of exuberance?

Probably in "Russian Ark", but as I didn't watch it with this particularly
in mind, here I am spiraling off into the realms of speculation.

on 19/2/04 5:46 pm, John Adams. Department of Drama : theatre, film,
television at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> There's a 360 pan in 'High Sierra' as the cars chase up the mountain side
> about 3/4 of the way through the film
>>

> *
> *
> Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
> After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are
> replying to.
> To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask]
> For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon.
> **

*
*