I think "mimicry" is a kind way of putting it - apparently Visconti didn't
actually buy the rights to make a film from James M. Cain's "The Postman
Always Rings Twice", which had already been turned into a film in France by
Pierre Chenal - it's still a great movie though...

Sergio

***

Sergio Angelini

Library and Database Manager
British Universities Film and Video Council
77 Wells Street
London
W1T 3QJ
Tel: 020 7393 1506
Fax: 020 7393 1555

> 'The Postman Rings Twice' seems to be the main model for alot of film noir,
> locally and abroad. Wasn't Visconti's 'Obsessione' banned in the US because
> of its mimickry?
>

> **

*
*