Gus wrote, in a much longer and well thought out post,

>Quick response to Steve -
>An issue can be legal as well as moral.  Think slavery, civil rights,
>gay marriage, etc.  I am focusing only on the moral.  Corporate money
>pretty much dominates the legal these days anyway.

Agreed. I hope you weren't making the point that lawyers and judges were
incapable of moral as well as legal decisions? I fully recognize that
sometimes the moral decision is illegal and that sometimes a legal decision
is immoral, or amoral, or at least unethical. My only point was that I don't
see an ethical issue in patents, only a legal issue. Now the *application*
of patented material can be moral, ethical, but not, IMHO, the patenting
process itself.

Steven

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – download MSN Toolbar now!