-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of L Gault, Planning and
Administration Support
Sent: 10 November 2004 14:02
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Email and Dragon

Apologies for cross posting.

Dear all,

I'd like to find out what email packages individuals are using with
Dragon Naturally Speaking.  How successful has this been and whether
there are any good workarounds when it comes to packages that are not
supported by Dragon?

At the University of Bristol we use an email package called 'Mulberry'
which does not seem to be compatible with Dragon.  The other possible
option at present is using Simeon. But again this doesn't seem to be
compatible.

At present the University doesn't support the recommended packages: (as
taken from the user guide)

America Online(r) versions 8 and 9. Only one version of version 9 is
supported.
Please check our Web site for the correct version information:
www.ScanSoft.com/NaturallySpeaking/support/
| Microsoft(r) Outlook(r) versions 2000, XP, and 2003 (Professional and
higher
editions)
| Microsoft(r) Outlook(r) Express versions 5 and 6 (Professional and
higher
editions)
| Lotus(r) Notes(r) 5, 6, and 7(Professional and higher editions)

This is obviously something that needs to be addressed here to support
our Dragon users.  What do other organisations use and how successful is
it?

Any advise gratefully received.

Kind regards

Lisa